Our Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Information
Personal Data We Collect
TAI may collect information about you or your company’s qualification as a TAI Customer or Potential Customer. You may be asked to provide TAI with information about you or your company together with certain Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- First and Last Name;
- Contact Information;
- Email address or telephone number;
- Record of purchases and training programs; and
- Service schedules and other information as requested to facilitate or complete delivery or to make available and provide ongoing support, maintenance, repair, training or other services related to the equipment or services being purchased.
Retention of Your Personally Identifiable Information
TAI may collect and store the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us. Third-party servers are located in the United States. Personally Identifiable Information collected will only be retained as long as necessary for business continuity or valid legal purposes.
How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
The Personally Identifiable Information that you provide will be used only as necessary to enable the continuous improvement, marketing and support of TAI’s products and services.
Disclosures of Your Personally Identifiable Information
We are not in the business of selling your Personally Identifiable Information to others.
Access to your Personally Identifiable Information will be restricted to TAI staff and designated third parties who have a need to know the specific information in question in order to carry out their responsibilities with regard to TAI’s sale and support process. Your information may also be disclosed to governmental entities pursuant to and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, or a subpoena or court order.
We will not reveal Personally Identifiable Information about you to unaffiliated third parties not mentioned herein, unless:
- you request or authorize it;
- the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- the information is provided to comply with the law, applicable regulations, court orders or subpoenas, to enforce agreements, or to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our users or others (e.g., to a consumer reporting agency for fraud protection etc.); or
- the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of the assets of an applicable TAI business are acquired by another party).
We may also gather aggregated data about you and disclose such aggregated (but not personally identifiable) information to third parties for analysis or other purposes.
Your Rights to the Information We Collect and How to Contact Us
- You may also request information about the purpose of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, what the source of the information was (if you didn’t provide it directly to TAI) and how long it will be stored. You have a right to correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by TAI if it is inaccurate. You may request that TAI erase the data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions. You may also request that TAI cease using your data for direct marketing purposes. When technically feasible, TAI will—at your request—provide your personal data to you or transmit it directly to another controller.
- Reasonable access to your personal data will be provided at no cost upon request made to TAI’s privacy lead at: MMtoping@txtav.com or DCooper01@txtav.com.
- If access cannot be provided within a reasonable time frame, TAI will provide you with a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, TAI will provide an explanation why access has been denied.
TAI uses reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures to safeguard your Personally Identifiable Information against loss, theft, and unauthorized use or modification. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis.
Because of the nature of our business, our products and services are not designed to appeal to minors, and therefore we do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children. Our terms and conditions of use require that any registration may only be made by those age 18 or older and that any product or service purchases may only be made by those age 18 or older. If we have reason to believe that information is being provided by a child under the age of 18, TAI will not collect the information without parental consent or parent notification, which will include the opportunity for the parent to prevent the use of the information or to prevent the child's participation in the activity. Without parental consent, online information will only be used to respond to an unsolicited request and for no other purposes. We recognize that protecting children's identities and privacy online is important and that the responsibility to do so rests with both the online industry and with parents.
Changes to This Policy