Business aviation insights, resources and stories

 Back to Journey Cessna Citation taking off

Who flies privately?

Why business aviation makes sense for small, mid-size and large companies

Fortune 500 companies fly just 3 percent of U.S business aircraft. That leaves an incredibly large majority—97 percent—to a broad cross-section of organizations, including large, medium and small governments, universities, charitable organizations and businesses.

Profile of organizations using private aviation

Small and mid-size companies

Non-executive passengers, including: customers, technicians, sales and managers

Companies with fewer than 500 employees

A survey conducted by Harris Interactive shows the typical company in the business aviation community is a small or mid-sized business flying a single aircraft used by a broad mix of employees to make business trips, taking off and landing at community airports, often with little or no airline service.