Company to display broad product lineup at EBACE
WICHITA, Kan. (May 9, 2009) – Hawker Beechcraft Corporation (HBC) continues to focus on international customers and sales, a significant part of the company’s $7.3 billion backlog – led by the Europe/Africa region. HBC has enhanced its sales infrastructure, strengthened the company’s international sales team, and secured EASA and other international certifications. HBC is displaying its broad product lineup at this year’s European Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition (EBACE) May 12-13 in Geneva, Switzerland.
“We have a wonderful portfolio of products that are designed to meet the needs of customers around the globe,” said Sean McGeough, vice president, International Sales. “Despite the economic downturn, we continue to see pockets of strength in Europe and our other international markets such as Asia and Middle East countries. We look forward to displaying our broad lineup of aircraft at EBACE.”
HBC continues working to secure additional aircraft certifications worldwide. In the last year, the following new aircraft have been certified through the listed countries.
- Hawker 4000 – Bermuda, India, New Zealand, Nigeria, South Africa and Turkey
- Hawker 900XP – Brazil, Cayman Islands, China and Morocco
- Hawker 750 – Brazil, Canada, Isle of Man and Macau
- Beechcraft Premier IA – Kazakhstan and Russia
- Beechcraft King Air B200GT – Canada, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia and South Africa
- Beechcraft King Air C90GTi – Panama
- Beechcraft Baron 58 – Egypt, Guatemala, Honduras, India and Japan
- Beechcraft Bonanza G36 – Egypt and Isle of Man
Hawker Beechcraft’s EBACE 2009 exhibit will showcase eight aircraft, including:
- Hawker 4000 – The flagship of the Hawker line, the composite-fuselage Hawker 4000 is the most
advanced super-midsize business jet in the world. It truly sets the standard for quality, performance
and value in the super-midsize business jet class of aircraft.
- Hawker 750 – The newest evolution of the famed Hawker 800 lineage, this new light-midsize
business jet redefines its class with a large midsize cabin, additional baggage space and proven
- Hawker 400XP – With the largest cabin of any comparable aircraft, this aircraft is the preferred lightjet for the fractional market and corporations worldwide. The Hawker 400XP is the fastest light
business jet of its class.
- Beechcraft Premier IA – Truly an advanced technology light jet, the Premier IA offers customers
an industry-leading combination of speed, cabin size and efficiency with a new interior, upgraded
avionics and five-year warranty.
- Beechcraft King Air 350 – The King Air series is the #1 turboprop lineup in the world. The
flagship Beechcraft King Air model, the next-generation King Air 350, offers the utmost in versatility and capability and features a class leading heated, pressurized, and in-flight-accessible baggage area – the largest in its class. This aircraft can operate on runways as short as 3,300 feet with exceptional short-field performance.
- Beechcraft King Air C90GTi – Advanced Collins Pro Line 21TM fully-integrated avionics take the new Beechcraft King Air C90GTi cockpit to that of our other King Airs and larger jets, while retaining the same operational flexibility, a private lavatory, and a 50-percent larger cabin than most VLJs.
- Beechcraft Baron G58 – The piston twin that pilots aspire to own, the aircraft features fully integrated Garmin G1000® avionics with the new GFC 700 flight control system and new GWX 68 color weather radar.
- Beechcraft Bonanza G36 – The most prestigious high-performance single-engine piston in the market with the longest continual production line in the industry – 60 years in 2007. It features Garmin G1000® avionics and the new GFC 700 flight control system.
Also on display at HBC’s exhibit will be mock-ups of the company’s newest products, including the Beechcraft Premier II and Beechcraft King Air 350i.
Hawker Beechcraft Corporation is a world-leading manufacturer of business, special-mission and trainer aircraft – designing, marketing and supporting aviation products and services for businesses, governments and individuals worldwide. The company’s headquarters and major facilities are located in Wichita, Kan., with operations in Salina, Kan.; Little Rock, Ark.; and Chester, England, U.K. The company leads the industry with a global network of over 100 factory-owned and authorized service centers. For more information, visit www.hawkerbeechcraft.com.
This release may contain “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, including statements that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intend, expect, project, believe or anticipate will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on management’s assumptions and assessments in light of past experience and trends, current conditions, expected future developments and other relevant factors. They are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results may differ significantly from those envisaged by our forward-looking statements. Among the factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described or implied in the forward-looking statements are general business and economic conditions, production delays resulting from lack of regulatory certifications and other factors, competition in our existing and future markets, lack of market acceptance of our products and services, the substantial leverage and debt service resulting from our indebtedness, loss or retirement of key executives and other risks disclosed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.