ZHUHAI, China (Nov. 17, 2010) – Hawker Beechcraft today announced key updates to its Asia- Pacific (APAC) global sales organization. As the market continues growing in Asia and surrounding regions, the company is expanding its sales team to meet the demand for its products. The APAC sales team is fully supported by dedicated personnel in Beijing, Singapore and Hong Kong, including field service representatives, marketing and administrative roles.
Jeff Anastas and Dan Keady lead the sales efforts in the region, each bringing extensive experience to the region:
- Jeff Anastas, regional vice president, North Asia. Anastas is responsible for leading the company’s sales efforts in North Asia. He is based in Hong Kong with offices in Beijing. Anastas has been with Hawker Beechcraft Corporation (HBC) for more than 13 years having served as regional sales director in locations around the globe, including Africa, India, the Middle East and the United States. He has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from High Point University and is an FAA certified airline transport pilot with type ratings on many HBC products, including more than 4,000 flight hours from his service as a sales demonstration pilot.
- Dan Keady, regional vice president, South Asia. Keady leads the sales efforts in South Asia and Australia. Having spent nearly all of his 15 years at HBC working in international markets, Keady was formerly divisional vice president of sales for Africa, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Australia. Previously, he held a variety of commercial and government business sales positions both domestically and internationally. Prior to joining HBC, Keady spent six years with Allied Signal Aerospace as an OEM and regional sales manager. He earned bachelor’s degrees in aeronautical science and geography from the University of North Dakota. He is a commercial, multi-engine pilot and was a certified flight instructor for 12 years.
The following individuals are based in the company’s sales offices throughout the region:
- Chris Edwards, regional sales director, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan and Korea. Based in Hong Kong, Edwards is responsible for all Hawker and Beechcraft sales in Hong Kong, Macau, Japan and Korea. Prior to joining HBC, he was senior vice president of sales for NetJets Europe. A graduate of the Royal Air Force College, he served as a fighter pilot flying the Tornado GR1 in a ground attack role.
- Matthew Liu, regional sales director, China. Based in the company’s regional sales office in Beijing, Liu is responsible for all Hawker and Beechcraft sales efforts in China. He has nearly 20 years of aviation, aerospace and defense experience.
- Brett Carlson, regional sales director, Australia and New Zealand. Carlson is responsible for Hawker and Beechcraft sales in Australia and New Zealand and is based in Sydney. Previously, he was sales director for the Beech 1900D, as well as a pilot for the company’s demonstration organization.
- Pasha Saleh, regional sales director, Southeast Asia. Saleh is responsible for Hawker and Beechcraft sales in Southeast Asia and is based in Singapore. He came to HBC from McKinsey & Company where he was an aviation analyst. Prior to that he was a captain at Continental Express Airlines.
- Todd Hattaway, regional sales director, India. Hattaway is responsible for Hawker and Beechcraft sales in India and will be based in New Delhi. Hattaway’s previous experience includes president of MRO provider Air Works in India and vice president of engineering for NetJets. He also previously served in the U.S. Marine Corps.
Hawker Beechcraft Corporation is a world-leading manufacturer of business, special mission and trainer aircraft – designing, marketing and supporting aviation products and services for businesses, governments and individuals worldwide. The company’s headquarters and major facilities are located in Wichita, Kan., with operations in Salina, Kan.; Little Rock, Ark.; Chester, England, U.K.; and Chihuahua, Mexico. The company leads the industry with a global network of more than 100 factory- owned and authorized service centers. For more information, visit www.hawkerbeechcraft.com.
This release may contain “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, including statements that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intend, expect, project, believe or anticipate will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on management’s assumptions and assessments in light of past experience and trends, current conditions, expected future developments and other relevant factors. They are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results may differ significantly from those envisaged by our forward-looking statements. Among the factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described or implied in the forward-looking statements are general business and economic conditions, production delays resulting from lack of regulatory certifications and other factors, competition in our existing and future markets, lack of market acceptance of our products and services, the substantial leverage and debt service resulting from our indebtedness, loss or retirement of key executives and other risks disclosed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.